Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fluconazole #day14 -LAST DAY

I can't believe it that 14 days is up today. No more waiting till after the third meal to feed him his antibiotics before he sleeps. From tomorrow onwards, it will be more probiotics to make his gut hostile for the yeast to find it hard to grow in there. It is the nasty yeast, bacteria and mercury in these autism children that makes them what they are. As long as these nasty things are out of them or cured to the least numbers, they are sure to get back on track with their neurotypical peers.
Jaden has been pretty much tolerable these past 14 days that he was taking the antifungal. I am not very sure if the die-off reaction was supposed to take place when he takes them or would it happen only after today now that he is off it, and the probiotics would help fight the battle from inside out?

I have emailed Dr E today Jaden's progress so far and hopefully his reply will give me some insights on what to expect or have Jaden done well so far. 

Jaden pooped twice today. The earlier poo was more greenish this time, and more loose watery-diarrhea like while his second poo is more formed and mustardy yellow in colour with those nasty white looking strains. Are those the yeast that are leaving the body or are those his undigested rice grains, now that it struck me that it might be just that. LOL
Last night, for the first time after three-four days of putting up a fight before sleep, was being his goody self again, quietly tossing and turning before he slept off on his own. I hope it will remain like this from now onwards because it makes both our lives easier. Me, not having to get angry and Jaden, not having to sleep with difficulty due to the mucus all inside him.

I am confident that my weighing scale is not in default mode because I weighed him today again just to be sure that my eyes are not playing tricks on me last night and Jaden finally weighs 17kg! It is such a happy news for me because this means one step forward in gut recovery. That his guts are actually absorbing the goodness and not leaking them out or at least that is how I like to picture the scenario. 
Jaden still has one last round of antibiotics to go before I call it all wraps for the antifungal course and hopefully we wont have him take it again. The second time, maybe I would want to go for GSE instead of Diflucan. I don't mind if his die off reaction can get really bad but at least I would not have to worry that it might hurt his liver.

I forgot to mention that beginning yesterday, January 8th, I have started him on another new supplement, which is the Prothera MethylFolate. Since it is a non bitter tasting capsule, I mixed it all together with the Awakening Spectrum, Methycobalmin, Zinc plus and Chromium Picolinate.

Jaden is starting to play with his toys, which he showed little interest last time we took it out for him. Now, he knows how to pull them apart when we fixed them together instead of just throwing it on the floor to let it break open by itself. On some occasions, he would pick out cars of the same colour and put them aside and proceed on to the other coloured cars until no cars are left in the box. I truly see this as an improvement in play.
I know we would still have quite a long way to go but like I said in my first post, slowly but surely!

-end of day 14 update-

No comments:

Post a Comment