Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fluconazole #day 11

Last night was quite a nightmare for Mr and I. Jaden's mood swings were rather bad and lets just say, he kept crying and then stopping and then crying until Mr has to get out of the room to get peace.

As for Jaden, he fell asleep soon after the father left the room. Hmm...

As usual, I got blamed for Jaden's crying, getting accused for spoiling Jaden's mood before he sleeps whereas the truth is that Jaden was in just one of his crazy mood swings.Was it wrong in the first place for me to whack Jaden for opening my wardrobe and taking everything out and throw it all over the floor?

I added on TAURINE today to his line of supplements. I sprinkled it on his food and he ate it all down without suspecting a thing. I read it somewhere that its best for taurine to go with food so it can perform its specific task as its best. Not sure how true it is, but well, as long as it goes down his throat and into wherever it must be at.

I don't think I see any side effects to TAURINE in Jaden but well, will keep a lookout for at least these two days before I start off on the next supplement.

Jaden is still looking quite hyper today but the giddyness has subsided. *phew* and the uncontrollable mood swings too. So I am guessing it must be the hazelnut milk or the chocolate in it. Maybe its the milk overall. Well, I guess I will soon find out once Vance DariFree Chocolate Milk makes its way into my kitchen. Jaden's godmother has gone all out to source the potato milk for him and bought it for him today so I am just waiting for her to come KL to pass it to me.

Anyway, back to his antifungal status today, he is at Day 11 and his stool, formed, big (not as big as yesterday's) and a bit more brownish in colour.

Appetite wise, hes still not back to his usual hearty meals but less resistance compared to the earlier days when we introduced antifungal to him. I have been giving him probiotics twice daily since he got on antifungal. The second one usually before bedtime but I think I have to give more to let his body build resistance against the growth of yeast. 

If I am not mistaken, I am supposed to give him four times a day after he is off the antifungals. I better email Dr Erwin and ask again a day before Jaden finishes his 14 day course of antifungal & antibiotics.

Jaden finally discovered how to leverage his strength to open the fridge door and that gives me another reason to worry that he might just decide to take anything from the fridge and put it inside his mouth. I have been caning him since to let him know that he will get the cane each time he opens the fridge door. I hope he will stop it soon or think twice about opening the fridge.

The thing about me caning him is that he learn not to do it, but then its only when I am near him. For example, he keeps throwing my books placed on the bedside makeshift table down the floor, but after today's whacking, me showing my displeasure at his actions, he actually picked up the books from the floor even if he accidentally knock them over. So tell me, why stop disciplining him the way it is effective? at least for now till his ABA therapy starts and hopefully that will teach him to be more compliant.

The home-based ABA supervisor came over yesterday to assess Jaden and drew a list of program for Jaden. Now, she will source for therapists then we can start off his ABA therapy. Finally!! YAY!

-end of day 11 update-

No comments:

Post a Comment