Sunday, June 24, 2012

#Round 1 - FAILED / ABANDONED

Everything was going so well, until the 330am dosing on Saturday night. 

I don't understand, he took it so well the night before but last night, he put up a fight and only had a bit of DMSA in him but spit most of it out and I did not know what to do? 

Its not like any other supplement where they have it half, and half out and you can still re-feed them them supplement again until they take it all in.

So I decided not to take the risk of overdosing him and decided to abandon this round. So, the next time you see me saying I am on Round 1 chelation again, that is because this is a failed round, its not considered a round. 

Come to think of it, that I had just finally figured out the right dosage for antifungal for him after all the giggling episode from his third dosage and now, this failure from my side.

For now, I need to figure out the right trick/moves to give it to him without him even realizing and sleeping on.. gonna be rather challenging, this one for his mouth is so shut tightly when he sleeps, not to mention even after I make my way past his tight-shut mouth, I have to fight the battle against those clenched teeth. *sigh*

Even during the first half days he was on his round, he had displayed some positive behavior and he also seemed rather pleasant, he was even more aware, alert as you can call that and the eye contact, it was wonderful !!

I feel like such a failure like now but I shall console myself that I was very sick. Next round, I shall be more alert and 'tricky' during those night/early morning feeds. 

So, conclusion to my much-anticipated round 1 of AC chelation = FAILED !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment