Monday, December 27, 2010

Fluconazole #day 1

Today, Dec 27 is the day I started giving Jaden his first antifungal pills. Dr Erwin gave us fluconazole, to be taken twice daily, one 50mg capsule each time, followed up with the antibiotics -to be fed 3 times daily, 2.5ml each feed.

I had my reservations about giving Jaden antifungals as it was said that the risks involve is liver scarring. So I did my asking around, research and finally an email carrying my worries about the antifungals to Dr Erwin and I got reassured that it would be fine and that the die-off reaction would go off faster than I would see in herbal antifungals, although he mentioned that I could give those a try too. 

Anyway, some parents I talked to reassured me too that their child was fine with the first round of Diflucan, nothing to be really alarmed of, except to look out for liver enzymes and thyroid function levels after the round. It usually affects after the second round, which I hope I don't have to do so. Should I need to do second round of yeast killing for Jaden, I would probably opt for the natural antifungals then.

Dr Erwin did warned me about some die-off reaction that might get severe, Jaden being worse than ever but touch wood, today has been quite normal except for his occasion demanding cries getting me to switch on his DVD for him. Other than that, he is probably doing what he does usually. 

The only thing I noticed is that his poop looks blackish / wettish diarrhea like (not loose stools but more to like glutinous looking). He pooped 3 times today. Well, he has yet to have his dinner so maybe there will be another round of pooping but so far, its all looking normal.

I was actually not looking forward to feeding the antifungals because I was anticipating resistance from Jaden but well, he ate it down together with his food without seeming to realize I pop the capsule in there. As for the antibiotics, I inserted it together with his diluted juice. At this very moment, he still have one more round of antibiotics to go and this antifungal issues will go on for two weeks.

Jaden did something I thought was a step forward from what he usually does. Today, like any other normal days, would ask me to pop his dvd in by pulling / pushing me towards the dvd player but today, he took the DVD and put in into my hands before pulling me towards the DVD player. He sure knows how to convey what he wants.

Lately, Jaden has been seen trying to lick, bite on metal stuffs, chewing on wires. Is it because of the lack of metals in him we have been trying to hard to get rid off in his body? Jaden sure has a looooong way to go to chelate the metals out of his body but we are doing what we can right now to eliminate these killer stuff from him.


-end of day 1 update-






No comments:

Post a Comment