Sunday, November 7, 2010

Drama queen

Jaden and I were doing our usual grocery shopping at Jusco after his Fun & Movement class on Saturday when an incident happened that pissed the crap out of me.

Jaden strapped in his stroller, was just being himself. Wanting to touch every packet he sees, trying to grab hold of the apples in the fruit section, sometimes holding on to someone's basket as they pass by just because they were in his way. All he wanted was his path to be clear so that he can see me.

Then this one lady happened to stop right next to his stroller, holding a paperbag. I was busy trying to read labels on the tofu for no preservatives when suddenly I caught Jaden reaching out to want to pull the paperbag, pushing the lady out of his way. It was just in a split second when I quickly tore his hands away from the paperbag, which he managed to beat me to it but it was only happened like half a second. No damage or whatsoever done, like a torn paperbag. I was apologising sorry, sorry, sorry when suddenly I regretted apologising all at once.

This lady, in her 30s, gave him such a dirty stare and the loudest "HAIYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" at Jaden. Luckily, Jaden in his case, was not affected by this Haiyo nonsense and the cock stare she gave my son. He was, in fact giving her the friendly smile and not the naughty so what smile at her. I mean the way she reacted to it was as if Jaden torn her dress or stabbed her with something. That was how dramatic she was. 

So why the fuss about Jaden pulling her paperbag for awhile. My oh my, because... jeng jeng jeng... are you ready to hear it?

BECAUSE... it was a LANEIGE paperbag.

Know what Laneige is? It is a skincare brand and what the heck? Raising your voice at the child because of the paperbag. As if lah, it would mean status to you if people see you walking around with that paperbag in hand. 

I stopped apologizing that very moment. I did not even attempt to want to push Jaden out of her way. You can go look at the tofu from far for all I care. I will move away once I am done since you are the one being so rude in the first place.

She can go and apply whatever she wants on her face but with that attitude, I am sorry, you just will not be beautiful at all because you rot inside out.

My son was wrong in the first place to even attempt to touch the paperbag but I did apologize sincerely. Not as if I let him do it and just leave him be. So I am definitely feeling not sorry at all now that Jaden did it because it just helped proved what a person you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment