Friday, December 31, 2010

Fluconazole #day 5

Ok. The antifungal definitely has something to do with his sleep patterns and also appetite.

Usually, he will have to have his full 8-10 hours of sleep at night but lately, its been about 5-6 hours only. 

Today he woke up at about 930am again but I was too tired to wake up for him, so I chose to ignore him. After an hour of sitting and playing by himself, he slept back. Last night, he only fell asleep at about 5am. Which meant that I also got to sleep after Jaden.

Jaden's appetite is so bad that now he is eating 1/3 of what he usually eats to be full. Mealtime usually end up making me look like a bully or a monster trying to force-feed a crying child. I try my very best to make sure he finish all the food that I have taken for him because I know his usual intake limit and now, so little, yet when he can't finish it, it is quite alarming to me. 

Instead of wanting to eat food, Jaden is practically picking up metal, books and plastic to bite and munch on. Did something trigger him to do so? He bit of a chunk of his book and I have to pry it out from his clamped mouth before he swallowed it. All the bits of plastic and whatever chemical in the paper! UURrrrgghh! So frustrating! 

Just only, I have to practically shove the spoon inside his mouth when it was wide open crying murder. It might have been quite a traumatic sight for Mr if he was around but I am not going to give in each time to Jaden everytime he acts up. Then, when will he learn his limits / boundaries when he knows that we will always give in? I am definitely not one to do so. Jaden needs to learn who is the alpha. 

Attending to Jaden without Mr at home is much more easier. Even when Jaden loses temper, and simply throw himself about because I would give a tak-apa (don't care) attitude and Jaden will quiet down after a while. If the father is around, all hell break loose. The father can't take the wailing, get stressed out and then start losing it and I will have two pairs of testosterone going crazy in the house. 

Today I tried spoon-feeding Jaden his antibiotics and he took it in nicely. So I guess no more adding to juice. Yay! Tomorrow its on to the zinc supplement to be added into the supplement menu. I wonder how it will taste like? I hope its tasteless and will easily blend in with his juice or fruit. 

Temper issue today is pretty fine. Just the wailing during dinnertime but other than that, everything is normal. 

Poop today was just once, but big. Light brownish soft looking with these tiny white strains (that look maggot like) in them. Same as his previous stools. Are those yeast he is pooing out?

-end of day 5 update-

No comments:

Post a Comment